Finding Barnbougle Castle
EH30 9TQ - N.B Do not use Satnav once on Dalmeny Estate as all 2000 acres are one postcode. However, Google Maps provides good directions.
Close to Edinburgh's centre & airport.
The Castle is a twenty minute drive from the centre of Edinburgh and fifteen minutes from Edinburgh International Airport.
Guests attending an event should follow signs for Dalmeny, just to the west of Edinburgh and signposted off the A90 Forth Road Bridge Road.
Access to the castle is via the Chapel Gate entrance of the private Dalmeny Estate. It is gated to all vehicles without prior arrangement.
From Edinburgh Bypass (A720)
- Travel clockwise around the Edinburgh Bypass to the roundabout at its end (Gogar Roundabout).
- Take the 3rd exit onto the A8 slip road to City centre/Edinburgh West & North / Leith.
- After 0.1 miles turn left onto the A902. Following signs to the A90.
- After 0.7 miles take the 1st exit on the roundabout and stay on A902.
- After 0.8 miles turn left onto Queensferry Rd. / A90 Continue to follow A90.
- After 1.9 miles take the B924 exit to Dalmeny.
- Continue on the B924 for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right into Dalmeny Estate, through the gates (Chapel Gate Entrance) Between events, these gates are locked and access to the Estate is not possible without prior arrangement.
- Continue along the driveway, following signs to Barnbougle.
From other directions
From other directions, follow the signs for the Forth Bridge, South Queensferry and then Dalmeny.
Carparking & Coaches
Guests attending an event at Barnbougle Castle can be dropped off by coaches and car parking is also available. Please contact your Event Manager for further details.